By: David Brim September 17, 2009
A few days ago Facebook announced that they hit 300 million users and they are now cash flow positive.
Other interesting facts:
- More than 2 billion photos uploaded to the site each month
- More than 14 million videos uploaded each month
- More than 2 billion pieces of content (web links, news stories, blog posts, notes, photos, etc.) shared each week
- More than 3 million events created each month
- More than 45 million active user groups exist on the site
According to a Facebook statement, “Reaching 300 million users is an important milestone, but we feel like we are just getting started. Along with the company’s user growth, Facebook’s financial strength continues to grow even in a really tough economic climate.”
Source: Brian Solis on 9/15/09
Brian Solis is the Principal of FutureWorks, an award-winning PR and New Media agency in Silicon Valley.
Just something to make you laugh: